Notice: Passwords are now case-sensitive
Forgot your password? Register a new account

Connections

Groups

Community Requests

Death Caused by Toxic Fumes Brings $25K in OSHA Fines

Thursday, January 28, 2016 | 257 | 0 | 0 min read

The death of a 30-year-old worker from methylene chloride exposure prompted the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration to propose $25,200 in fines against a Cleveland-based contractor. OSHA said after investigating the workplace fatality last July, it issued citations for six serious safety violations to Best Touch Tub & tile. OSHA said it has identified at least 14 worker deaths nationwide related to bathtub refinishing using paint removers with methylene chloride. The Best Touch employee was deglazing a bathtub in a Cuyahoga Metropolitan Housing Authority complex using...

Purchase this story for only $9.16!Add to Cart


For access to all of our articles, check out our subscription options.

Comments

Be the first to comment.

Related Articles