WORKCOMPCENTRAL PRESENTS 17 AWARDS AT ANNUAL GALA EVENT
Monday, November 7, 2016 | 2038 | 0 | min read
CAMARILLO, Calif.— (November 7, 2016) Awards were presented for outstanding contributions to the workers compensation industry at the 5th Annual Comp Laude Awards and Gala, this past Saturday in Burbank, CA.
“Our mission with this event is to show what is going right with our industry,” said Yvonne Guibert, Marketing Director. “This event was the vision of WorkCompCentral’s founder, the late David DePaolo. He felt our industry gets so much negative press, he wanted to change the story of our industry. So we’ve designed these awards with rigorous judging protocols in place to identify the best of the best.”
The Comp Laude Awards, meaning “with honor” were presented to individuals and companies representing many segments of the workers compensation industry, even injured workers. This year, awards were presented in 13 categories:
- People’s Choice Award: Dwight Johnson, Injured Worker
- Service Provider: Jeremiah Bentley, Texas Mutual Insurance Company
- Nurse Case Manager: Anabel Velazquez, Workers Rehabilitation, Inc.
- Pharmacist: Dawn Getchell, Injured Workers Pharmacy
- Physical Therapist: Dr. Gina Sandoval, Spine Solutions, Inc.
- Physician: Michael Choo, MD, Paradigm Outcomes
- Claims Professional: Christina Hurtado, San Bernardino County
- Work Comp Philanthropy: Michael McKnight, Kids’ Chance of South Dakota
- Plaintiff/Applicants Attorney: Richard Rubenstein; Rothenberg, Rubenstein, Berliner & Shinrod, LLC
- Defense Attorney (tie): Stuart Colburn, Downs Stanford
- Defense Attorney (tie): William Anderson, State Compensation Insurance Fund
- Injured Worker: Isabel Bartol, School Board of Miami-Dade County, FL
- Industry Leader: James McConnaughhay, Workers Compensation Institute
- Employer (tie): Target Corporation
- Employer (tie): Cosentino’s Food Store
- Mark Pew, Magna Comp Laude (with great honor), Prium
- Richard Victor, Summa Comp Laude (with highest honor), Sedgwick
Next year’s Comp Laude Awards and Gala event is scheduled for October 30-November 1 in San Diego, CA. Call 805-484-0333 for details.
Based in Camarillo, Calif., WorkCompCentral produces daily news, continuing education courses and other live events and can be reached at 805-484-0333 and via www.workcompcentral.com.
WorkCompCentral media contact:
Yvonne Guibert, marketing director
805-484-0333, ext. 140