Registration Open for Annual Educational Conference in Raleigh
Wednesday, June 13, 2018 | 339 | 0 | 7 min read
The North Carolina Industrial Commission is accepting registrations for its 23rd Annual Workers’ Compensation Educational Conference, to take place in Raleigh Oct. 10-12.
The conference will include presentations on:
- The nuts and bolts of obtaining independent medical examinations and second opinions.
- The use of opioids and other pain management treatments.
- Best practices for drafting and submitting proposed opinion and awards to the Industrial Commission.
- Diabetes and how it can adversely affect recovery.
- Navigating the process for expedited and emergency hearings on medical motions.
- Analytics to improve outcomes and identify best providers to treat injured workers.
- Best practices for investigating claims.
- The physician’s role in the return-to-work process.
Speakers include Industrial Commission Chairman Charlton Allen, Executive Secretary Meredith Henderson, and Special Deputy Commissioners Sumit Gupta and Michael Kelly.
The Industrial Commission hosts the educational conference in conjunction with the International Workers’ Compensation Foundation.
For more information, click here.