Login


Notice: Passwords are now case-sensitive

Remember Me
Register a new account
Forgot your password?

Connections

Groups

Community Requests

No Benefits for Worker Who Fainted Following Choking Fit Caused by E-Cigarette

By WorkCompCentral

Wednesday, May 16, 2018 | 245 | 0 | 38 min read

The North Carolina Court of Appeals on Tuesday upheld a denial of benefits to a worker for injuries from a loss of consciousness after a choking fit brought on by use of an e-cigarette. Larry Brooks worked for the City of Winston-Salem Utilities Department. His job involved supervising a team of workers responsible for performing water and sewer line repairs. After Brooks had his crew break for lunch on Oct. 22, 2015, he headed into a gas station near their work site in order to purchase cigarettes. Inside, Brooks decided to buy an e-cigarette, a type of cigarette he had never previously tri...

Purchase this story for only $9.16!Add to Cart


For access to all of our articles, check out our subscription options.

Comments

Be the first to comment.

Related Articles