Comp Laude® Award Winners Announced in Huntington Beach
Wednesday, September 25, 2019 | 926 | 0
SEPTEMBER 24, 2019
Huntington Beach, CA - The Awards were presented for outstanding contributions to the workers' compensation industry at the annual Comp Laude® Awards and Gala, Tuesday night in Huntington Beach, CA.
Over 350 attendees gathered on the outdoor lawn of the Pasea Hotel & Spa. Attendees enjoyed appetizers as a beautiful sunset cast a golden hue over the attendees and award winners as they received their awards. "The Comp Laude® Awards were started by our founder David DePaolo to shine a spotlight on what's good and right in our industry," said Kristen Chavez, President and CEO.
The Comp Laude® Awards, takes it's name from the latin term "cum laude" used in the academic world which means "with honor." Awards were presented to individuals and companies representing many segments of the workers' compensation industry, even injured workers. This year, awards were presented in 12 categories:
- People's Choice Award: Yvonne Guibert, Marketing Consultant
- Employer, Starbucks / Noreen Olson
- Applicant / Claimant Attorney, Alan S. Pierce
- Defense Attorney, H. George Kagan
- Claims Professional, Shirley Flack, Tristar
- Medical Professional, Nicholas Fonner, Shirley Ryan Ability Lab
- Service Provider, WCRI Worker Outcomes Survey Team
- Work Comp Philanthropy, Robert M. Clyatt for Kids' Chance
- Industry Leader, Robert "Bob" Wilson of WorkersCompensation.com
- Six injured workers received awards: Dana Moore, Bobby (Robert) Holler, Kent Livingston, Guillermo De La Riva, Martez Covington and Abraham Stubbs
- Judge, Hon. Frank R. McKay
- Doctor/Physician, Les Kertay, PhD
The top two awards were presented to individuals selected for their career contributions to the workers' compensation industry:
- Magna Comp Laude® (with great honor), Rafael Gonzalez, Esq., Optum
- Summa Comp Laude® (with highest honor) also known as the David J DePaolo Award, Michele Adams, Walt Disney World
For a complete list of nominees and finalists, click here. Next year's Comp Laude Awards and Gala event is scheduled for November 2-3 in Huntington Beach, CA.